August 25, 2008

Camp Texlake

This morning, I am headed to GS Camp Texlake with three of my colleagues for a development/communications staff retreat. All Texas Council's are participating in a sharing of "best practices." I'm really looking forward to meeting other fundraisers for the Girl Scouts, taking away some new ideas and sharing what I've learned through my experiences and the couple of training classes I have taken. Unfortunately, Kirby destroyed a manual I had from a grant writing seminar yesterday afternoon while we were off running errands *frustrated face* I am also very excited to be staying at camp --- they have horses, so I'm taking tennis shoes and really hope we can go see them after our discussions on annual giving, corporate giving, planned giving ... you get the point! Lots of giving. The non-profit sector is so perfect for me ... I love every aspect of it, from programs to public relations to fund raising to management. It may not pay the best, but personal satisfaction means so much more in the long run. And I also love the Girl Scouts organization. Professionally, I couldn't be happier than I am right now. Our retreat is only one overnight stay, so I'll be back tomorrow for my afternoon workout. How perfect!!

Have a great day, Ya'll!

PS. I'm eating my very first Texas BBQ in Austin tomorrow for lunch. We'll see how that goes!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you enjoy your time away - and that the BBQ is delicious.

    How is your wrist doing?

    ReplyDelete