August 16, 2008

Long Overdue

After taking the past four months or so off from blogging, I feel like I should attempt to update everyone on the things that have been occupying my time. However, I believe most of the folks who read this blog already know that I've moved from Virginia to Texas with my husband, spent nearly a month putting our house together (or at least most of it ... we still have that list of improvements that every home owner has) and then I dove into some serious job hunting. That process seemed fruitless for awhile, but it landed me at a wonderful organization, in an amazing position and with a team of great co-workers. The only drawback is an hour-long commute both ways, but I have a feeling even that will be extremely worthwhile. My day starts at 5:45 every morning, I work from 8:30-4:30/5, stop by the gym on my way home for some weight lifting and cardio, and make it home between 6:30 and 7 to shower, eat dinner, do some cleaning, play with the dogs and spend time with my husband. Needless to say, my weeks are long; what I find interesting is that I have less time, accomplish more and now enjoy life one day at a time (except during the planning process at work). Unfortunately blogging took a backseat to all of this. In the past couple of weeks, my right wrist has been extremely sore and it has become painful to type in the late afternoons and evenings. I will be visiting the doctor on Tuesday to see what's going on, but hope to make it back to the blog at least a couple of times each week. I miss pondering life and tracking the important milestones in life on this site. Stay Tuned!

PS. Not to get political in my first day back to the blog, but did anyone watch the McCain/Obama interviews tonight? I caught a few of the questions for each, and plan to find their responses online if I can. It seemed extremely interesting!

3 comments:

  1. Jes, it's kinda fun looking at each other's blogs this way.

    In answer to your question, yes, I could write even with the brace on. It took some getting used to, but I could. It certainly feels restrictive - and that's the point - but it was quite helpful. I highly suggest wearing it at night for at least a month, at the very least. And whenever the painful twinges start up again, I wear it for a few nights. The relief, at least for me, is almost immediate. I still keep the brace in a drawer of my night table - just in case.

    For me the harder issue was writing by hand - I keep a journal very actively, and I was gripping a pen with fierce strength. I had to learn to hold it more loosely. And to take breaks. I don't type as much as you do, so the positioning is different, but the diagnosis might be the same.

    Also, my doctor gave me pain pills for about two weeks at the beginning. That helped also.

    I hope and pray your recovery is as quick and easy as mine was. Let me know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally ... you're blogging again!! I was going to phone over the weekend, but the time got away. I want to hear all about the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea she's back! and your schedule sounds like mine up in DC. but in this case the further south i moved the less commute time and the less time worked!

    welcome back and congrats on the job!

    ReplyDelete