November 4, 2008

At the beginning of what will be a very late night...

I've been avoiding updating the blog because I've been very tempted to blog about the politics, and while I'm open to discussing my views with close friends and family, I don't feel the need to make this information available to the entire free world. I will proudly say that I pick my candidates on my personal beliefs and ideals and do not vote by party.

I'm blogging right now because the below video is by far the best I've seen during this very long and heated election. Regardless of which presidential candidate you support, you should watch. This is what being American is all about.


4 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm thrilled Obama won, and I'm equally thrilled you updated your blog (seriously!). I think John McCain gave a very gracious and eloquent concession speech. He really is a true hero, and I hope he has many more years of serving our country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This video is a great example of why I think the United States is the greatest country on Earth. Americans have the option to vote for anyone they want, we can even write in Mickey Mouse. There is no better feeling than casting a vote and thinking, I help decide the future of this great nation.

    What I particularly like about you, Jes, is that you and I can heartily disagree on who we vote for and why, while at the same time, we both identify ourselves as American and want what is best for America, as well as for ourselves and those we care about. It saddens me that there are countries and people that cannot or do not accept differences.

    Well, now what do we all talk about all the time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And this is why I love America! Not only can we all vote for anyone we want, we can talk about it, argue about it, blog about it, and even sing about it and not worry about the government coming after us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love it! this is great!

    America is truly the greatest place on Earth.

    And I love that even though we disagreed on candidates & issues this year, that I still love you, we are still have unwavering friendship, and that you vote based on ideals, not parties (me, too).

    missing you!

    ReplyDelete