August 21, 2008

Rain, Rain Go Away

I must admit it's interesting to drive, type, eat and sleep with an orthopedic brace on your dominate hand. I've all but given up writing by hand, as it looks as though I'm five again. My wrist is actually more sore right now than it has been, but I think that will go away after a few days. I start my five day steroid treatment tomorrow with six doses of the medicine. Day 2 is five pills, day 3, four and so on. Hopefully I am back to normal again in just a few short weeks.

Speaking of weeks, this one has been a doozie. On top of all the 'medical' stuff, it has been pouring buckets for the past three days and streets in Houston were actually flooding when I left work this afternoon. Including the feeder lane right in front of my office. And traffic has been much worse. While it had been taking me about 40 minutes to get to the office, it is now taking me between an hour and an hour and 20 minutes. It's another hour to hour and 20 coming home. And school starts Monday (all of them ... elementary, middle, high, college). I'm only slightly dreading what my commute will look like next week. In large cities, 20 miles is deceiving!

All of this leaves me feeling quiet exhausted when I make it home. I've been guilty of skipping the gym, hitting snooze in the mornings and curling up in bed with a magazine or tv show shortly after dinner. I think it's mostly the rain. It does a number on my energy, my mood and my need for comfort foods and drinks. I have never craved a Bad Ass Coffee Praline and Cream more than I have this week... and I would probably eat Lasagna every night if I could.

Maybe the sun will come out tomorrow. Tomorrow?

1 comment:

  1. Jes,

    If I could send you one of those BA coffees via the US Mail, I'd do it in a heartbeat. That would be great sipping on a rainy afternoon. I'll call you manana!

    ReplyDelete